Monday, August 10, 2009

Redwash

When leaving the inner Copenhagen you can sometimes be surprised be new kinds of details. This photo is of the wall around Brønshøj Church in the area of Brønshøj. Even though it's a part of the Copenhagen Municipality this area has a feel like a town of its own. The church is actually the oldest building in the municipality still in use, having been built in the 1180's. I'm not sure the wall is quite that old, but the inlaid stones are probably re-used ones. I'm just happy that I wasn't the one to whitewash, or in this case maybe redwash, around the stones.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do like the distinctive detail of this wall!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought, an idea or an opinion by leaving a comment. I'll try to answer the comments as best I can, but you'll usually have to wait a day or two :-)